Lake Deborah Salt
4 trout, cleaned
4 slices Parma ham
125g smoked bacon, diced
2 cloves garlic, cut into fine slivers
Plain flour for coating
- Wash the fish well and dry thoroughly.
- Season inside and out with Lake Deborah salt and pepper.
- Put a slice of ham inside each trout and close with cocktail sticks or poultry pins.
- Coat with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and cook the bacon until the oil runs.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for another couple of minutes.
- Remove the bacon and garlic from the pan and set to one side on absorbent paper.
- Cook the trout in the remaining oil until golden brown all over and cooked right through.
- Serve immediately, scattered with the diced bacon and garlic.
Printable Version: Click the recipe title to view just this recipe, you can then print the page.